Sunday 12 May 2013

Mother.

In All Honesty; I was Born.
A feat not easily accomplished without a Mother.
Though I was Born Blue
(Umbilical Obstruction)
But I was Born all the same.
Born.
But was I Mothered?

Childhood..
One of Fear and Tantrums.
The Fear was Instilled
And the Tantrums were Inherited.
I'm My Mother's Son.

I Grew
And Fear became Contempt.
Tantrums became Soul Devouring Silence.
And Inheritance became Contrast.
I was trying to Escape Her.
Honestly.
But from the Day I was Birthed There was No Escape.
I am my Mother's Son.

They say Boys marry their Mothers.
Well.. Women like Them.
And the Thought was Terrifying.
It was a Fate to be Avoided..
"Avoided"
Trying to Escape Again(?)

Then Again. I Grew.
Contempt became Apathy.
Soul Devouring Silence became Inadvertence.
Contrast became Distance.
I Hadn't Escaped.
The Leash just became Longer.
And Weaker.
I guess Mother's mellow with Age
Ours and Theirs
But its Still Horrendous when Emotion is Replaced with Nothing.

So Now
I Feel I've Grown to be Quite the (Bad) Excuse for a Son.
The Feelings (Or Lack Thereof) have gotten to me.
And, Though I Hope I'm still Reparable.
If I'm Not.
All I Can Hope is that My Children's Mother will be Loved.
And that I Wished I Had Loved Mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment